Drone Operator training in Fiji
We pride ourselves on providing Drone Operator training in Fiji to educate Remote Pilots to the highest standards of safety and operational skill.
Drone Services Fiji is approved by the Civil Aviation Authority of Fiji and Fiji National University – School of Aviation to deliver UAV licencing training locally in Fiji.
Our syllabus is based on the CASA Australia and CAA New Zealand requirements and is regularly reviewed and updated to the Aeronautical Information Circulars and Fiji Air Navigation Regulations.
Which drone type endorsement is right for you?
Drone Licensing Training
There are four different drone types that are used for commercial drone work
There are four different drone types that are used for commercial drone work:
- Fixed Wing
- Powered Lift (VTOL)
Each of these drone types requires a separate endorsement.
Drone Services Fiji is approved to provide Type training endorsements for:
- Multirotor < 2kg MTOW
- Multirotor < 7kg MTOW
- Multirotor < 25 kg MTOW
- PowerLift (VTOL) < 7 kg MTOW
MTOW: Maximum Take-off Weight
Multirotor < 25 kg MTOW and PowerLift (VTOL) < 7 kg MTOW endorsements may be added to your course or completed at a later date dependent on your documented logged hours of UAV experience.
Our Licensing training is for the drone type and is independent of the type of remote sensor that may be used for drone photography, drone mapping or drone surveying.
Sensor operational training
- Mapping and Surveying
- Vertical infrastructure inspection
- DJI RGB, Zoom, Thermal cameras
- Elistar Tether systems
- Emesent Hovermap SLAM Lidar
- Micasense multispectral cameras
- Green Valley International LiDAR sensors
1 Day Course
DRONE FLYER 101
Training for drones weighing less than 2 Kg
- Drone Aerodynamics – Multi-rotor drones
- Energy Management of LiPo Batteries
- Introduction to Aviation Law, CASA and CAAF
- Introduction to Risk Assessments
- Introduction to the Fiji NOTAM system
- Theory exam and a basic Flight Assessment on a sub-2kg drone
**Drone Flyer 101 is CAAF recognized for use within Fiji only.
5 Day Course
REMOTE PILOT LICENCE (REPL)
Training for for sub-7kg Multi-rotor or Power lift (eVTOL)
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Aerodynamics
- Energy Management of Lithium Ion Batteries
- RPA Air Law
- Multi-Rotor or Power Lift eVTOL < 7 kg
- Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate (AROC) and English Language Proficiency (ELP)
- Human Factors
- Risk Assessments
- NOTAM system
- Theory exam and practical Flight Assessment
- Note: a minimum of 5 hours of drone flights is required to be logged to meet the course requirements